Brand New: T-Levels at Notre Dame

WHAT IS A T-LEVEL 

Notre Dame was selected as one of the first providers in the UK to offer the brand new T-Level qualifications starting from September 2020. T-Levels follow GCSEs and are equivalent to three A Levels. They will combine classroom theory, practical learning, and a 315 hours industry placement to make sure students have real experience of the workplace. The two-year T-Level courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so that they meet the needs of the industry and prepare students for work. T-Levels provide the skills, knowledge, and experience you need to open the door to highly skilled employment, higher-level study, or an apprenticeship. 

WHY STUDY A T-LEVEL?

T Levels are ideal if you have completed your GCSEs and want to get into a skilled job. T Levels will enable you to build the knowledge and experience to help you get the job you want. Unlike a traditional A-level, around 80% of your time will be spent in the classroom with the remaining 20% being spent on placement. This differs from an apprenticeship, which is typically 80% on-the-job and 20% in the classroom.

WHAT T-LEVELS DO YOU OFFER?

We currently offer two T-Levels in Digital and Health. The subject areas are:

HOW IS A T-LEVEL DIFFERENT FROM AN APPRENTICESHIP? 

A T Level will give you the opportunity to continue your studies and get a much broader idea of what it’s like to work in a certain sector, with the opportunity to specialise later. Apprenticeships are work-based training for those who know what occupation they wish to pursue.

WHAT NEXT?

T Levels will prepare you to progress into a skilled job, but you can also choose to take further technical training, such as a higher apprenticeship or degree, if you don’t want to move straight into employment.

Chat
This site uses cookies... Cookies are small files that help improve your experience on our site. By browsing our site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out about cookies here Accept & Close