Statement on 16-19 Tuition Fund
The College has a specialist Study Support Department to provide individualised and specialist support to students. Students can access this at any point throughout their time at Notre Dame. The College has a total commitment to ensuring students’needs are identified and supported.
The range of support includes:
- One-to-one support with specialist teachers/study support mentors
- Small group out of class support with specialist teachers/study support mentors
- Study support assistant in class support for students with specific needs
- Assessments for exam access arrangements, carried out by an in-house specialist assessor
- A well-resourced study support suite where students can work in a quiet area with appropriate equipment and software packages.
- A full time College Counsellor who provides one to one and group therapy sessions
- Communication support workers (via the local authority) to provide support for deaf/hearing-impaired students
- Exploration of assistive technology to enable independent learning
- Regular training and updates for curriculum areas
- Study skills courses to help students develop the skills required to succeed in their subjects
PERSONAL AND PRACTICAL SUPPORT
The College has its own College Counsellor and uniquely also has a Catholic Social Care Worker who visits the College weekly. Both are available to be seen for a one-off session or on a regular appointment basis for support on a range of emotional and practical issues.