close menu
navigation menu

Health & Social Care CTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate

Subject Area: Health & Social Care
Level: CTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate (2 GCSEs Equivalent)
Exam Board: OCR
Syllabus No:

What do I need to study this course?

You must have gained at least grade 3 in GCSE English and Maths and a good school reference.

What will I study?

The CTEC Level 2 Health and Social Care course encapsulates the Health and Social Care sector through a wide range of units embracing learning about an individual’s rights and needs, creative and therapeutic activities, the impact of diet and communication techniques in health and social care. The qualifications are an ideal foundation for entering the workplace, and for further education. This course will provide you with a theoretical background reinforced with practical skills that transfer into the modern world.

The mandatory units for the Certificate are:

Unit 1: Communication in health and social care

Unit 11: The impact of diet on health.

The additional units for the Extended Certificate are:

Unit 3: Individual needs in health and social care

Unit 9: Creative and therapeutic activities in health and social care

This CTEC is entirely coursework based.

What next?

With further training or study, you could go into careers such as nursing, social work and residential care management. If you want to get a job straight away you could work and train in registered care homes, hospitals, nursing homes or health centres. A CTEC Extended Certificate prepares you for employment and provides a good grounding to go on to a more advanced course such as the CTEC Level 3 Health & Social Care Diploma.


Did you know?

 The NHS in England caters for a population of 54.3 million and employs around 1.2 million people.