Subject Area: ICT
Level: BTEC Level 3 Diploma
Exam Board: Edexcel/Pearson
You should have grade 4 or above in GCSE English and GCSE Maths. Alternatively, you must have a merit in a level 2/intermediate ICT course.
What will I study?
The course is 100% coursework (no written exams). The course aims to develop the students understanding over broad and diverse areas of information technology. Students will learn to use various industry software packages (Fireworks, Photoshop, Visual Studio, Dreamweaver, Blender etc.).
– Communication and Employability Skills for IT
– Computer Systems
– Information Systems
– Installing and Upgrading Software
– Digital Graphics
– Computer Game Platforms and Technologies
– Software Design and Development (coding)
– Event Driven Programming (coding)
– Developing Computer Games (coding)
– Human Computer Interaction
– Website Production
– 3D Modelling
This course will provide you with an excellent opportunity to progress to university. It is a good foundation for the higher study of a computing or software engineering degree. It is also of use to those students who would rather move on to do apprenticeships and could lead to employment within the software development industry.