Subject Area: Sports & Leisure
Level: TWO-YEAR A Level
Exam Board: OCR
GCSE grade C or above in Core and Additional Science and GCSE grade 4 or above in English Language. You must be involved in regular training/competition and have club standard ability in one sport.
What will I study?
This course is assessed by both written examinations and practical performance. You will be assessed as a performer or coach in the full sided version of one activity. You will also produce a verbal piece of coursework which will analyse and evaluate performance, identify weaknesses with suggested causes and appropriate corrective measures.
FIRST YEAR OF A LEVEL
• Physiological factors affecting performance: applied anatomy and physiology
• Skill Acquisition and psychological factors affecting performance
• Socio-cultural issues in physical activity: Sport and society
SECOND YEAR OF A LEVEL
• Physiological factors affecting performance: Exercise physiology and biomechanics
• Psychological factors affecting performance
• Socio-cultural issues in physical activity: Contemporary issues and sport
This is an excellent 2 year A-level basis for further study or employment within the sport, health and fitness sector. Particularly useful for a career or degree course in Health and Exercise Science, Sports Therapy, Sports Management, Teaching PE, Leisure Studies, Physiotherapy, Outdoor Pursuits, Coaching, Sports Technology and Sports Development.